• Profile
  • Pages
  • NES Nurse's Office
  • Medication
  • Immunizations
  • When to Keep Your Child Home
  • Health Services
  • Health News
  • New to Northeastern?
  • Community Links
  • Students with Diabetes
Questions about Your Child's Medicine at School?
Medication At School

Most medicines should be given at home. If medicine does need to be given at school:


Medication Permission Form

  • Give Mrs. Carter a signed Medication Permission Form for EACH medicine (pain relievers, cough drops, inhalers, etc.) to be given OR carried to school.
  • You need to fill out the top part of the form for ANY medicine.
  • If it is a doctor prescribed medicine (such as inhaler, medicine for ADHD, or antibiotic), you will need to have the doctor fill out the bottom part of the form.
  • A new permission form is required each school year. 

Sending Medicine to School

  • You must send the medicine in the original container and it should have the student’s name on it.  (Please put student’s name on the actual inhaler, as they often do not come in the labeled box.)
  • Medicine will be kept in the nurse’s office.
  • The nurse does not provide any medication for students.
  • Please do NOT send large bottles of medicine, as space is limited.
Return to Nurse's Office Home Page

To return to the Nurse's Office Home Page, click here.

Contact Me!
Terri Carter, RN
Ext. 824

Created: Jul 12, 2016
Updated: Jul 13, 2016
Viewed 284 times

Partnership Links

HouseofPainlogo2House of Pain lemonade logo03Lemonade Day word logo04United Way sq donutsSquare Donuts
communities logo05Communities In Schools road logo06Toyota Motors  rats logo07Richmond Riverrats  

Login Form